Web developer with 13 years experience in diverse contexts—including Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, universities, nonprofits, and private clients—and with extensive knowledge of a range of development languages, platforms, and operating systems
Master of Arts: Education/Educational Technology in 2011
California State University, Long Beach: Long Beach, CA
Bachelor of Science: Computer Science in 2001
California Lutheran University: Thousand Oaks, CA
HIGHLIGHTS OF PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Extensive knowledge of web-based code and software solutions for companies of various sizes and business focuses.
- Strong experience with developing, maintaining, and supporting web-based software solutions critical to production workflow and business needs.
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills, including troubleshooting; strategically identifying and remediating complex technical issues; and helping to assess the effectiveness of existing software solutions.
- Outstanding teamwork and collaboration skills with management, colleagues, clients, and other pertinent stakeholders.
- Innovativeness in streamlining business operations for better marketing processes and utilization of staff, resulting in greater efficiency, workflow, and faster time-to-market.
- Excellent written documentation skills regarding work done, testing, release notes for end users, and software-use documentation.
- Superb ability to quickly and accurately learn new applications, software, and languages to develop new projects, refine existing ones, and help clients meet their goals.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Vice-President & Lead Developer from 2001-Present
Harlow Technologies Inc.: Pasadena, CA
Lead Developer and supervisor for web staff on diverse web projects for clients such as Clorox, Norton Simon Museum, Amgen, KCSN, and Caltech. Develop and support various software solutions, custom and off-the-shelf. Supervise and collaborate strongly with company staff.
- Developed and managed a multi-million-dollar enterprise-level, internal web application for the past 10 years for Amgen Inc. regarding the Legal, Medical, and Regulatory Review and Approval of Amgen marketing materials.
- Oversaw the programming team which converted Clorox Professional’s existing website into a content management system, enabling Clorox personnel to streamline and expedite their marketing messages online.
- Developed and managed KCRW’s playlist system handling hundreds of thousands of data points with thousands of listeners.
- Converted Norton Simon Museum’s previous website from ASP.net to an open source PHP Content Management System, enabling on-site content management by museum staff, and resulting in a $10K annual reduction in licensing fees.
- Regularly engage in troubleshooting systems and applications, resolving issues quickly, and resulting in minimal disruption of client workflow and productivity.
- Oversee all company web projects, such as K-12 student registration, ecommerce sites, content management systems, and custom development.
- Write documentation for end users and train users personally and/or remotely, resulting in greater end user productivity and success.
- Proactively evaluate website accessibility for disabled users and institute features and mechanisms to enable compliance with the federal Section 508 regulations.
College Webmaster from 2003-2008
California State University, Long Beach/College of Education: Long Beach, CA
Integrated the stand-alone websites of 17 separate departments and 20 affiliated academic programs into a cohesive college website. Collaborated intensively with all stakeholders to design, develop, implement, support, and maintain the new website. Also developed internal systems to manage student information.
- Collaborated intensively with other academic units within the university, as well as within the College of Education, through multiple tech committees to:
- Create one academic template to be used by the college and its academic units.
- Develop a strategy and timeline for implementation stages of projects.
- Analyze different technologies for university adoption.
- Create recommendations for web accessibility standards under the Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI), per CSU Executive Order 926.
- Developed registration system to track an average of 1,000 students’ participation in college programs and their completion of academic requirements; used ColdFusion and FileMaker.
- Developed public web content and insured its accessibility for people of all abilities; used ColdFusion, HTML, FileMaker Pro , Oracle, Google CSE, Google Maps API, and jQuery.
Systems Administrator/Web Developer from 2002-2003
Pasadena City College/New Media Center: Pasadena, CA
Helped Web Producer to integrate a brand-new college website design and to develop dynamic features for it, such as the staff directory. Also trained students and staff in technology use and web accessibility.
- Helped design college website from scratch using ColdFusion and oversaw its implementation, support, and maintenance.
- Collaborated closely with Web Producer, graphic designers, and other school personnel to launch the project within a one-year timeframe.
- Integrated an off-the-shelf software for content management and enabled selected staff to manage the website content themselves.